Details of National Health Insurance
Characteristics of NHI
- Mandatory for enrollment
- Operated by government agency
- Any person who doesn’t enroll is subject to a fine of NT$3,000 to NT$15,000
- Possess Alien Resident Certificate (ARC)
- Resided in Taiwan for more than six months
- The premium is NT$749 per month.
- One semester (six months), total NT$4,494
- First term: Sept. to Feb.
- Second term: Mar. to Aug.
- Newly admitted international students (Fall term - class start from September) will be charged NT$4,494 for the second semester (March to August).
- Newly admitted international students (Spring term – class start from February) will be charged NT$4,494 for the second semester (September to February).
- The fees you pay for the first semester will depend on the issued date of your ARC.
- Submit the documents listed below to the Office of International and Cross-Strait Education
1. Photocopy of Alien Resident Certificate (ARC)
2. One bust photo (2-inch by 2-inch, colored and taken within 2 months)
3. Fill out NHI IC Card application form (see attachment)
4. Receipt of premium
- If you have any enquires, please contact:
Phyllis Wang (03-265-1702)
1. Outpatient service
2. Inpatient care
3. Prescription drugs
4. Dental services
- Before eligible for the NHI Program, Go to our school Health Promotion Center
Location: 1st floor on North Building of Holistic Education Village
Clinical Hours: from Monday to Friday 2:00p.m.~4:30p.m.
Contact number: 03-265-2161
NHI IC Card Fee
- Free of charge for obtaining a new card initially
- If damaged or lost, the replacement cost is NT$ 200 per card.
For more information
- The National Health Insurance (NHI) website: http://www.nhi.gov.tw/english
- Contact the Office of International Affairs ,Phyllis Wang (03-265-1702) ,Location:7nd floor of Administration Building