Scholarships Information

Scholarship information

Applicable for Students enrolled by Spring Semester 2019:

1.Scholarships for International /Overseas Chinese Graduate Students

Students Working on Master's Degrees: the maximum scholarship given is tuition and incidental fee waiver for two years; evaluation will be done each year by the student's department and research advisor to determine the student's qualification for the continuing year based on his or her academic performance.

Students Working on Ph.D. Degrees: the maximum scholarship given is tuition, incidental fee and on-campus lodging fee waiver for four years; evaluation will be done each year by the student's department and research advisor to determine the student's qualification for the continuing year based on his or her academic and /or service performance.

Due to high competitiveness, only qualified applicants will be granted for the scholarship.

Graduate students may also receive from their academic department or advisors additional scholarships on a case-by-case basis.

2.Scholarships for International /Overseas Chinese students pursuing undergraduate degrees

For international and overseas Chinese students who will be enrolled for the Spring Semester 2018,  scholarships listed below can be apply while you are applying for CYCU.

(1) tuition and incidental fee waiver

(2) 50% tuition and 50% incidental fee waiver

(3) NT$16,000

Required documents

(1) Scholarship Application Form

(2) Other documents/certificates providing additional sources for evaluation

Due to high competitiveness, only qualified applicants will be granted for the stipend on first academic semester.

For the subsequent semesters, the students must be within the top 25% of their department academically to receive stipends continuously.  It should be noted that the scholarship will be provided to the qualified students, based on the availability of the fund allocated for international undergraduate scholarship.

Applicable for Students enrolled by Spring Semester 2018:

1.Scholarships for International /Overseas Chinese Graduate Students

Students Working on Master's Degrees: the maximum scholarship given is tuition and incidental fee waiver for two years; evaluation will be done each year by the student's department and research advisor to determine the student's qualification for the continuing year based on his or her academic performance.

Students Working on Ph.D. Degrees: the maximum scholarship given is tuition, incidental fee and on-campus lodging fee waiver for four years; evaluation will be done each year by the student's department and research advisor to determine the student's qualification for the continuing year based on his or her academic and /or service performance.

Due to high competitiveness, only qualified applicants will be granted for the scholarship.

Graduate students may also receive from their academic department or advisors additional scholarships on a case-by-case basis.

2.Scholarships for International /Overseas Chinese students pursuing undergraduate degrees

For international and overseas Chinese students who will be enrolled for the Spring Semester 2018,  scholarships listed below can be apply while you are applying for CYCU.

(1) tuition and incidental fee waiver

(2) 50% tuition and 50% incidental fee waiver

(3) NT$16,000

Required documents

(1) Scholarship Application Form

(2) Other documents/certificates providing additional sources for evaluation

Due to high competitiveness, only qualified applicants will be granted for the stipend on first academic semester.

For the subsequent semesters, the students must be within the top 25% of their department academically to receive stipends continuously.  It should be noted that the scholarship will be provided to the qualified students, based on the availability of the fund allocated for international undergraduate scholarship.

Scholarship information

Applicable for Students enrolled by Fall Semester 2017:

1.Scholarships for International /Overseas Chinese Graduate Students

Students Working on Master's Degrees: the maximum scholarship given is tuition and incidental fee waiver for two years; evaluation will be done each year by the student's department and research advisor to determine the student's qualification for the continuing year based on his or her academic performance.

Students Working on Ph.D. Degrees: the maximum scholarship given is tuition, incidental fee and on-campus lodging fee waiver for four years; evaluation will be done each year by the student's department and research advisor to determine the student's qualification for the continuing year based on his or her academic and /or service performance.

Due to high competitiveness, only qualified applicants will be granted for the scholarship.

Graduate students may also receive from their academic department or advisors additional scholarships on a case-by-case basis.

2.Scholarships for International /Overseas Chinese students pursuing undergraduate degrees

For international and overseas Chinese students who will be enrolled for the Fall Semester 2017,  scholarships listed below can be apply while you are applying for CYCU.

(1) tuition and incidental fee waiver

(2) 50% tuition and 50% incidental fee waiver

(3) NT$16,000

Required documents

(1) Scholarship Application Form

(2) Other documents/certificates providing additional sources for evaluation

Due to high competitiveness, only qualified applicants will be granted for the stipend on first academic semester.

For the subsequent semesters, the students must be within the top 25% of their department academically to receive stipends continuously.  It should be noted that the scholarship will be provided to the qualified students, based on the availability of the fund allocated for international undergraduate scholarship.

Applicable for Students enrolled by Fall Semester 2016:

1.Scholarships for International /Overseas Chinese Graduate Students

Students Working on Master's Degrees: the maximum scholarship given is tuition and incidental fee waiver for two years; evaluation will be done each year by the student's department and research advisor to determine the student's qualification for the continuing year based on his or her academic performance.

Students Working on Ph.D. Degrees: the maximum scholarship given is tuition, incidental fee and on-campus lodging fee waiver for four years; evaluation will be done each year by the student's department and research advisor to determine the student's qualification for the continuing year based on his or her academic and /or service performance.

Due to high competitiveness, only qualified applicants will be granted for the scholarship.

Graduate students may also receive from their academic department or advisors additional scholarships on a case-by-case basis.

 

2.Scholarships for International /Overseas Chinese students pursuing undergraduate degrees

For international and overseas Chinese students who will be enrolled for the Fall Semester 2016,  scholarships listed below can be apply while you are applying for CYCU.

(1) tuition, incidental fee and on-campus lodging fee waiver

(2) tuition and incidental fee waiver

(3) 50% tuition, 50% incidental fee and 50% campus housing waiver

(4) 50% tuition and 50% incidental fee waiver

(5) NT$24,000

Required documents

(1) Scholarship Application Form

(2) Other documents/certificates providing additional sources for evaluation

Due to high competitiveness, only qualified applicants will be granted for the stipend on first academic semester.

For the subsequent semesters, the students must be within the top 40% of their department academically to receive stipends continuously.  It should be noted that the scholarship will be provided to the qualified students, based on the availability of the fund allocated for international undergraduate scholarship.

Applicable for Students enrolled by 2016 Spring Term:

1.Stipends for International Graduate Students

Students Working on Master's Degree: at most NT$12,000/month for 5 months per semester for no more than one year.

Students Working on Ph.D. Degree: at most NT$15,000/month for 5 months per semester for no more than two years.

Due to highly competitiveness, only qualified applicants will be granted for the stipend.

Graduate students may also receive from their academic department/college additional stipends on a case-by-case basis.

 

2.Scholarship for students pursuing undergraduate degrees

For overseas and international students who enrolled by 2016 Spring Term,  a scholarship with NT$24,000 can be apply while you are applying for CYCU.  Required documents:

1. Scholarship Application Form

2. Other certificates

For the subsequent semesters, the students must be within the top 40% of their department academically to receive stipends continuously.  It should be noted that the scholarship will be provided to the qualified students, based on the availability of the fund allocated for international undergraduate scholarship.

 

Applicable for Students enrolled by 2015 Fall Term:

1.Stipends for International Graduate Students

Students Working on Master's Degree: at most NT$6,000/month for 5 months per semester for no more than one year.

Students Working on Ph.D. Degree: at most NT$15,000/month for 5 months per semester for no more than two years.

Due to highly competitiveness, only qualified applicants will be granted for the stipend.

Graduate students may also receive from their academic department/college additional stipends on a case-by-case basis.

 

2.Scholarship for students pursuing undergraduate degrees

For those coming from the low-income families(must present the document showing their needs; the document shall be issued by their respective Chinese overseas schools, Chung Yuan Christian University's Overseas Alumni Associations, governments, local Taipei Economic and Culture Offices), a scholarship with NT$24,000 will be granted.  For the subsequent semesters, the students must be within the top 40% of their department academically to receive stipends continuously.  It should be noted that the scholarship will be provided to the qualified students, based on the availability of the fund allocated for international undergraduate scholarship.

 

Applicable for Students enrolled by 2015 Spring and 2014 Fall Term:

  • Master's Degree and Doctoral Program
  1. Students working on Master's Degree:Waiver of tuition fee or incidential expenses for 2 years.
  2. Students Working on Ph.D. Degree:Waiver of tuition and incidential expenses, free-on campus housing for 4 years.

 

  • Undergraduate Degree
  1. Student's academic ranking in the top 10% of the class being attended, a full tuition fee waiver will be granted (Note that the students need to pay for the incidential fees)
  2. Student's academic ranking between the top 10% to top 25% of the class being attended, 50% of the total tuition and incidential fees will be waived; However, only 75% of fees being waived will be remitted directly to the student's bank account. The remaining 25% of the fees being waived will be granted to the students by having them worked as part-time assisstant at CYCU. For this sort of part-time work done.
  3. Student's academic ranking between the top 25% to top 40% of the class being attended, one third of the total tuition and incidential fees will be waived; However, only 75% of fees being waived will be remitted directly to the student's bank account. The remaining 25% of the fees being waived will be granted to the students by having them worked as part-time assisstant at CYCU. For this sort of part-time work done.
  4. If the student's academic ranking has been upgraded continually for two semesters, a scholarship of NT$6,000 will be granted; However, the total number of students being granted with such scholarship will be limited to 12 students per semester.

 

Applicable for Students enrolled by 2014 Spring and 2013 Fall Term:

  • Master's Degree and Doctoral Program
  1. Full tuition fee waiver for Master's program students for 2 years and Doctoral program students for 4 years.
  2. Monthly stipend for Master's program students of NT$6,000/month for 2 years and for Doctoral program students of NT$8,000/month for 4 years.
  3. Free on-campus housing.

 

  • Undergraduate Degree
  1. Student's academic ranking in the top 10% of the class being attended, a full tuition fee waiver will be granted (Note that the students need to pay for the incidential fees)
  2. Student's academic ranking between the top 10% to top 25% of the class being attended, 50% of the total tuition and incidential fees will be waived; However, only 75% of fees being waived will be remitted directly to the student's bank account. The remaining 25% of the fees being waived will be granted to the students by having them worked as part-time assisstant at CYCU. For this sort of part-time work done.
  3. Student's academic ranking between the top 25% to top 50% of the class being attended, one third of the total tuition and incidential fees will be waived; However, only 75% of fees being waived will be remitted directly to the student's bank account. The remaining 25% of the fees being waived will be granted to the students by having them worked as part-time assisstant at CYCU. For this sort of part-time work done.
  4. If the student's academic ranking has been upgraded continually for two semesters, a scholarship of NT$6,000 will be granted; However, the total number of students being granted with such scholarship will be limited to 20 students per semester.